Hoher Kasten in Alpstein
360-degree view in the revolving restaurant
Up on the Hoher Kasten, Appenzell country lies at your feet, Lake Constance appears close enough to touch and magnificent views of Baden-Württemberg, the Mittelland central plateau and Jura are all yours to enjoy from the revolving restaurant.
In this magnificent panorama, connoisseurs will discover mountain peaks. The views are even more enjoyable on the snow-ploughed paths around the peak. Immerse yourself in the impressive scenery of the Alpstein region. Treat yourself to the culinary delights and specialities from the Appenzell region in the modern revolving restaurant or the panorama restaurant.
Alpstein and floral Alpine Garden on foot.
A stroll through the lovely Alpine Garden – with 300 species of Alpine blossoms on fascinating – rounds up a perfect day. The summits round-path has a number of seating places offering plenty of opportunities to take a break and absorb the magnificent views.
Attractions and information
- There are many hiking options from Hoher Kasten: e.g. a geological route via Staubern-Saxerlücke-Bollenwees to Brülisau or via Zapfen-Forstseeli to Eggerstanden (PostBus connection).
- Chlustobelweg nature trail: a leisurely hike from Brülisau to Weissbad (approx. 1 hr / 100 m altitude difference), ideal for senior citizens and families).
- Arrival: Appenzell railways to Weissbad, PostBus route 192 or travel by "PubliCar Appenzell" to Brülisau (detailed information is available under "Timetable information").
- For the PubliCar Appenzell service we kindly ask you to make a reservation: Tel. 0848 55 30 60.
- For groups of 10 and more reservations are a must! (View contact).
Route open all year
Travel-date details/validity: view timetable/timetable information
PostBus Switzerland Ltd
Region Eastern Switzerland
St. Leonhard-Strasse 20
P.O. Box 1548
9001 St. Gallen
|Tel.:||+41 58 453 14 44|
|Fax:||+41 58 667 61 16|
No bicycle transport fixtures available in/on the vehicle
Wheelchair access to the postbus guaranteedSpecial comments:
not all services are wheelchair-accessible. For information, please call +41 58 453 14 44
Discover the regions around Appenzell and the Hohe Kasten.