The varied hiking and skiing area around the summit of the Pizol offers breathtaking views far beyond Lake Constance. There are plenty of exciting sports activities to discover at any time of year.
Rich Content Section
Winter at the Pizol
The Pizol cable car valley station is a short distance away from Bad Ragaz railway station by local bus. The cable car will take you quickly to an altitude of over 2,200 metres, where you can enjoy magnificent views of Lake Constance and beyond.
Away from the usual tourist crowds, the Pizol offers 43 km of groomed ski slopes. Wide, gentle slopes for leisure-seekers alternate with sections for seasoned skiers. A permanently set-up giant slalom course will put you in the mood for racing, while the Family Cross offers fun for the whole family.
There’s more to discover:
- With the combined ski & spa offer, you can enjoy a winter’s day in the snow and then relax at the Tamina thermal baths in Bad Ragaz. Tickets are available at the valley stations of the Pizol lifts.
- The 3.5 to 7 km long sledging trail will take you on perfectly groomed trails through snowy forests from the Furt via the Maienberg to the valley.
- The 3.2 km long airboard track between Laufboden and Pardiel with its varied freeride options is great fun for beginners and advanced snowboarders alike.
- Enjoy the stunning views as far as the Graubünden and Glarus Alps on the 4 km long winter panoramic mountain trail.
- Snowshoe trekking at the Pizol is particularly enjoyable away from the crowds. You can choose from four routes on two marked snowshoe trails.
© Pizolbahnen AG