PubliCar Vaud is this simple
Your on-demand bus system, with “stop-to-stop” service, available Friday to Sunday, including general public holidays.https://www.postauto.ch/en/timetable
Book with ease using the smartphone app
With PubliCar, it couldn’t be simpler : book your next trip with the new PubliCar app:
The benefits of the PubliCar app
- Choice available between departure time and arrival time. If you have a train connection or a scheduled appointment, please select the arrival time*
- Make bookings for several people
- Share bookings on WhatsApp and via other social media
- Surcharges can be paid by credit card
- Your current position and the vehicle’s current position are both shown on the map
- You can combine trips that have similar destinations
- Push notifications are sent in the event of delays if these are activated in the settings
- A booking code is issued for each order. This code must be presented to the driver when boarding.
- An overview of previous bookings. The departure and arrival locations can be copied into a new booking
* Bookings may be made at short notice up to 15 to 30 minutes before departure, though it depends on the stops and how full the bus is. If you have a fixed appointment or demand is high, we recommend that you make your booking in advance. The PubliCar app allows you to make bookings up to 30 days before your trip.
Night stop-to-stop service timetable and regions covered
The night zone allows you to travel within the green area. Railway journeys are however not included (Lausanne–Echallens–Bercher Railway; Swiss Federal Railways; Travys). The app suggests* a possible journey and times based on your request, provided it can be met by the zone covered and timetable available. The possible journey from point A to point B is up to 20 km.
*The area covered is highlighted in the PubliCar app.
Friday and Saturday 10 p.m.–1.35 a.m.
Daytime timetable (zone 4 only) with stop-to-stop service
Zone: 4 – Thierrens
|Sunday and public holidays*||09.00–12.00 h
Since the timetable change in December 2021, the PostBus route 10.683_Orbe – Croy-Romainmôtier – Vaulion – Le Pont – Mont d’Orzeires has served the former zone 9 “Orbe” at the weekend. More information: postbus.ch/timetable
The Travys routes 385 & 386 also offer services at weekends from Sunday, 7 August 2022 onwards! More information: travys.ch
Bookings over the phone
Alternatively, we still accept bookings over the phone on 0800 60 30 60 (free of charge), Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Arrange your trip with the operator once you have given them your first name and surname, the date of travel, starting point (PubliCar stop), your destination (PubliCar stop), your preferred arrival time and the number of people travelling.
- PubliCar will confirm your booking and pick you up at the time and place agreed.
- The passenger must be at the location agreed five minutes before departure.
You can make bookings and cancel bookings up to one hour beforehand over the phone (during head office opening hours).
For departures before 9 a.m., you can make bookings over the phone up to 60 minutes before the head office closes the day before at the latest.
PostBus reserves the right to put people travelling on the same route together.
The same pricing conditions for timetabled services apply here*, except a pick-up surcharge of CHF 5.00 will apply per passenger and per journey, unless there is a promotion.
No extra charge for children aged 0 to 6 years.
A card for 6 rides is available from the drivers for CHF 30.00.
*List of public and cantonal holidays:
25 and 26 December 2021, 1 and 2 January 2022, 15 April 2022, 18 April 2022, 26 May 2022, 6 June 2022, 1 August 2022, 19 September 2022.
- If you book a trip using the app, you can cancel it 30 minutes before pick-up at the latest if you no longer require it.
- If the number of travellers changes, the journey must be cancelled and a new booking made.
- PubliCar vehicles have free WiFi access.
Western Switzerland sector
0848 40 20 40 (national rate)
Monday–Friday: 8.00 – 17.00 h