The Swiss Parks Network
There are 19 parks in Switzerland
The umbrella organization Swiss Parks Network was established in 2007 and represents the interests of the parks.
The purpose of the parks is to maintain and enhance the richness of nature and the beauty of the environment in the long term. At the same time, they serve as valuable catalysts to strengthen and sustain the economy in the park regions.
There are 19 parks in Switzerland; 16 of these are recognized as a «park of national importance».
- The nature parks Beverin, Doubs, Jura vaudois and Pfyn-Finges (since 2013)
- The nature parks Chasseral, Diemtigtal, Gantrisch, Gruyère Pays-d’Enhaut, Binntal, Parc Ela and Argovia Jurapark (since 2012)
- The Schaffhausen Nature Park (since 2018)
- Biosfera Val Müstair (since 2011)
- The nature discovery park Wildnispark Zurich-Sihlwald and Thal Nature Park (since 2010)
- UNESCO Biosphere Entlebuch (since 2008)
- Swiss National Park (since 1914)
Three parks are in the establishment phase as «Candidates»:
- The Locarnese National Parc Project and the Jorat Nature Discovery Park.
PostBus provides transportation services to all of these parks.
Become a Swiss Parks Patron
Support Swiss parks and unspoilt nature. Become a patron of the Swiss parks and profit from numerous reductions as you discover the small world-wonders of Switzerland. As a special thank you on our behalf, you will receive a delicious bio-nougat from Ticino as well.
Further information at www.parks.swiss