A look at the big picture
As the backbone of urban and rural mobility, PostBus makes a significant contribution to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the UN as part of its 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Of the 17 goals, PostBus focuses on six that enable us to make the greatest impact.
Rich Content Section
- We promote occupational inclusion and reintegration for people with disabilities.
- We train our leaders in healthy management.
- Mektiglosi Appenzell: we provide connections via minibus for retirement homes in the Appenzell region.
- Vaccination bus: during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Postbuses were used as vaccination centers in the Cantons of Graubünden and Solothurn.
- We’ve improved our CO2 efficiency by 29.8% since 2010.
- We’re increasingly using alternatives to fossil fuels to heat our buildings.
- We’re operating the first electric Postbuses in Brugg, Sarnen, Saas-Fee and Delémont.
- Our ambition is to bring a total of 100 buses with alternative drive systems into operation by 2024.
- Our aim is for all Postbuses to be fossil-free by 2040.
- We pay 3,020 staff on equal terms and at competitive rates.
- Our employees have a collective employment contract with high standards for non-discrimination, health and equal pay.
- We are committed to equality and promote the careers of women and men across all age groups.
- We maintain a reliable transport infrastructure.
- We connect all regions of Switzerland – from Pregny-Chambésy to Samnaun, from Chiasso to Schaffhausen and from Lake Maggiore to the Nufenen Pass.
- SmartShuttle: the two autonomous Postbuses “Valère” and “Tourbillon” were the first self-driving buses in the world to be used for public transport services. Between 2016 and 2021, they transported almost 54,000 passengers on the public transport network in Sion city center and the suburb of Uvrier.
- PubliCar Appenzell App: this digital solution makes it easier to book on-demand buses, while also optimizing vehicle deployment.
- Robi: this autonomous robot supports public transport passengers in Saas-Fee by transporting their luggage on the last mile.
- We provide public transport connections to around 200 rural municipalities in Switzerland at 1,000 stops.
- Seamlessly Mobile: this mobility pass enables residents of the Suurstoffi area in Risch Rotkreuz to enjoy a completely stress-free travel experience.