Sustainable mobility solutions
We’re switching to alternative drive systems
As a leading bus company in the public transport sector, PostBus wants to take a pioneering role in alternative drive systems. Together with politicians and public authorities, we want to meet society’s expectations. By 2024, we intend to put a total of 100 electric buses on the road. Our aim is for all Postbuses to be fossil-free by 2040.
- We will convert our entire fleet to electric buses by 2040 at the latest.
- We will be completely carbon neutral in our operations from 2030.
Our drive towards green
Net zero by 2040
A sustainable future for the next generation is a key concern for PostBus. This includes:
- Converting the entire fleet to electric buses by 2040 at the latest
- 100 percent electricity from renewable energy sources
- Working to make our in-house operations carbon neutral from 2030. That means reducing our own emissions in line with the specifications of the Science Based Targets initiative and neutralizing the remainder.
- We don’t offset, we neutralize. In the process of neutralization, CO2 is actively removed from the atmosphere. This can be done through reforestation and sustainable forest management, conversion into biochar or technical systems.