Bus Sédunois – local transportation in the city of Sion
New evening services on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
From 12 June, take advantage of the Sion bus service and get home safely, even in the early hours. These new services operate on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, stopping in the districts of St-Guérin, Châteauneuf, Garenne (BS1), Vissigen and l’hôpital (BS2), Nord and Platta (BS4), Champsec and Bramois (BS5). You can find the timetables in the detailed flyer, available for download in the “Documents” tab.
Remember that night buses and trams also operate so that you can get home safely in total safety on Fridays and Saturdays – even after midnight!
Sion: Champsec ( – val d’Hérens)
Sion: Mont d’Orge ( – Savièse and Arbaz)
Sion: Châteauneuf – Pont-de-la-Morge ( – Martigny)
Sion: Sionne ( – Anzère – Crans)
Find all the information at postauto.ch/night-bus
Sion: St-Léonard ( – Brigue)
Find all the information at regionalps.ch
Verre Luisant (Ballestraz)
Sion: Champsec – Bramois – Uvrier ( – Sierre)
Find all the information at verreluisant.ch
From 1 June 2020, your Sion bus travelcard will be on the SwissPass
From 1 June 2020, your monthly or annual Sion urban public transport network travelcard will only be available on a SwissPass.
In other words, your printed travelcard is valid until the due date of your travelcard. When renewing your travelcard, you must be in possession of a SwissPass.
If you already have your SwissPass, you can acquire your Sion bus travelcard from a PostBus sales point, via www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/buying-options/new-in-switzerland directly or from an SBB ticket machine.
If you do not yet have your SwissPass card, you will need to order it by visiting a PostBus sales point or an SBB counter.
Note: from 1 June 2020, Sion bus drivers will no longer be able to sell travelcards. You will only be able to purchase individual tickets and multiple-trip tickets in the buses.
Your advantages at a glance
- A single travelcard for your mobility and your leisure activities
- Your SwissPass card is valid for 5 years
- Renewal and management of your contact details online at www.swisspass.ch
Do you have any questions? Contact us on +41 58 341 24 00 or visit our PostBus sales point located at Place de la Gare 11, Sion.
Bus Sédunois benefits everyone!
Since 15 December 2019, the frequency of route 311 to Pont-de-la-Morge will be improved with 8 additional round trips per day. With this improvement, the urban public transport network of the city of Sion offers you increased comfort and more peaceful travelling.
Do you live in the commune of Sion and are retired? Never been so active before? The Bus Sédunois services are happy to accompany you everywhere in your adventures, and this at half price!
Go to the Sion residents' registration office with an identity document and receive your transport legitimation card at ½ fare on all public transport routes of the city of Sion.
Take advantage of the shops in Sion and travel free of charge on weekends!
In order to revitalize the centre of Sion and strengthen its commercial attractiveness, the city of Sion has taken concrete measures. From now on, the Bus Sédunois services will be free of charge from Friday 17.00 h to Saturday midnight. No more excuses, take advantage of public transport for your travels and shopping sprees!
This measure is effective during a test phase up until June 2020.
Three means of transport for one destination!
Together PostBus, RegionAlps and Bus Sédunois offer an extended range of timetables and connections. This multi-modal availability is an ideal opportunity to experience new stress-free and sustainable means of transport. Don’t hesitate! Give your car a rest and find out how convenient public transportation is.
Do you commute to work on a regular basis? Is Sion the town where you do your shopping? Are you looking for parking options and want to simplify your life?
Benefit from the Park&Ride offers in Sion!
3 Park&Ride options are at your disposal free of charge:
- the parking at the stadium (Echutes and Marèches) in the eastern part of town offering 460 spaces;
- the car park Parking des Potences in the western part of town offering 450 spaces.
The parking areas near the highway exits are free of charge and suitable for longer parking times.
From there, you have direct connections with the Bus Sédunois:
- route BS2 takes you from the stadium (Tennis de Valère stop) to the center of town (Place du Midi) every 10 minutes during peak hours. Ride time 9 minutes.
- route BS1 takes you from the Parking des Potences to the train station every 20 minutes. Ride time 13 minutes.
A single ticket costs CHF 2.80 at the full price and CHF 1.50 at half-price. There are multiple journey tickets (for 6 rides) from CHF 6.10 and monthly travelcards (unlimited rides on the entire urban transport network) from CHF 42.00 per month!
For further information on P+R and bike parking please contact the Service de l’Urbanisme et de la Mobilité, Espace des Remparts 6, 1950 Sion – 027 324 17 22, email@example.com
You can find all the parkings of Sion on https://geo.ciges.ch/sion/parking/parquez-malin.pdf.
The simple way to travel to town with Park&Ride!
Multiple-journey ticket – benefits for everyone!
Save up to 40% and enjoy easier travel with the purchase of a multiple-journey ticket. No need to reach for your wallet for every trip!
The multiple-journey ticket is valid for 6 journeys, i.e. 6 x 90 minutes of transport (transfers permitted) on the local bus system of Sion. It can be purchased from the driver or at the PostBus counter in Sion.
Route BS2 > railway station > Place du Midi > P+R Stade (Echutes) > hospital: every 10 minutes!
Since 10 December 2017, Bus Sédunois has increased its frequency! Now route BS2, which takes you from the Sion railway station to the hospital via Place du Midi and P+R Stade (Echutes), operates every 10 minutes during peak times. This means 21 additional services are available every day.
No more need for timetables, easier travel and shorter wait times: Every 10 minutes, a bus takes you to the hospital, the SUVA or back to the city centre.
Do your shopping by bus and have the goods delivered by bicycle!
You buy, Dring Dring delivers… by bicycle!
How it works?
- Take the bus to Sion
- Do your shopping at merchants that are affiliated with the city of Sion
- At the cash register, pay CHF 4.00 for 2 shopping bags or a maximum of 20kg
- Your goods will be delivered to your door, Monday to Saturday, depending on business hours
- Return home by bus whenever you like and without having to carry anything!
The delivery area includes the city of Sion and the village of Bramois.
Deliveries are arranged by Vélocité Valais, the local bicycle courier service.
Additional information at www.dringdring.ch.
Changes in the neighbourhoods of Champsec and Bramois
The timetable changes implemented in December 2015 resulted in modifications on routes BS2 to the hospital and BS5 to Bramois.
- Route BS2 now serves Vissigen, the hospital and SUVA, without stopping at Champsec. Time savings: 6 minutes on return trips from the hospital.
- Route BS5 to Bramois now serves the Champsec neighbourhood. Time savings: 7 minutes from Champsec to the railway station.
- The bus stop “Valais de Coeur Champsec” has been moved. It is now located in front of the Tourbillon Centre shopping mall and served by route BS5 to Bramois.
On Sundays, I take the bus!
At the end of 2014, the dial-a-ride service on Sundays was replaced by scheduled service on all routes of Bus Sédunois. Timetables can be downloaded using the PDF below. Or use the PostBus app to get real-time information on your bus service!
PostBus has operated Bus Sédunois (local bus) on behalf of the city of Sion since 1998. The network consists of a total of 5 routes which connect the various neighbourhoods of the capital of Valais:
- Route 1: Gare–St-Guérin–Châteauneuf–Pont-de-la-Morge
- Route 2: Gare–Vissigen - Hôpital régional–SUVA
- Route 3: Gare–Poste du Nord–EMS de Gravelone
- Route 4: Gare–Platta–Uvrier
- Route 5: Gare–Champsec–Bramois
In addition to scheduled routes, Bus Sédunois also offers a range of school bus services. Always concerned for the safety of its passengers, PostBus now operates a new ScolaCar, which benefits from higher safety standards:
- Automatic side door operated by the driver
- Tachograph (“black box” of the vehicle)
- Seats equipped with 3-point safety belts
- ABS system