Experience “la dolce vita” in Crans-Montana.
Hello everyone, my name is François and I am the Head of Marketing at PostBus for Western Switzerland. Today, I have the pleasure of sharing one of my favourite resorts with you: Crans-Montana.
Rich Content Section
Photo: Header, 1, 2, 3, 6 by Luca Devita
This resort is a small mountain town where you can truly experience “la dolce vita”. It offers as many activities in winter as in summer and the town’s atmosphere and variety of landscapes mean it has something for everybody. Whether you’re an athlete, a little less sporty, or just enjoy the finer things in life, I hope my tips will make you want to stay there soon.
PostBus line 353 from Sion takes you to Crans (Crans-s.-S. stop, Swiss Post). The trip takes 49 minutes and is an experience in itself: beautiful landscapes and hillside roads make for a unique journey!
Rich Content Section
Things to do in Crans-Montana
Crans-Montana is different from other resorts because it consists of two town centres: of Crans and of Montana. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to walk between the two town centres. Each of them is different, with rich and varied locations, activities and atmospheres to experience as a couple, with your family or with friends.
Follow the guide!
Crans-Montana for two
- Ski the slopes and visit the Cabane des Taules to eat a raclette, accompanied by a glass of white wine. A must for skiers in Crans-Montana.
- Have an aperitif at the Memphis by Intenso in Crans. The cocktails are very nice and you can try the Fruttini gelato (frozen fruit filled with ice cream). Delightful!
- Take a romantic stroll along the Lantern Path (until 5 March 2023) or around the many lakes at the resort. Discover the famous illuminated letters spelling “Crans-Montana” on the shore of Lake Grenon.
- The Fondation OPALE (in the village of Lens) is the perfect place for art lovers. The current exhibition, “Dreaming in the Dream of Others”, is devoted to the work of Yves Klein (until 16 April 2023).
- Have a meal in a beautiful restaurant in the resort. I am particularly fond of CASY, where Caroline and Sylvain will give you a wonderfully warm welcome.
Crans-Montana with the family
- Crans-Montana has numerous ski slopes for all ages and every skill level. Snow Island on Crans golf course is perfect for children and beginners, for example. Visitors can take to the slopes using the mini ski lift or carpet lift for fun on and in the snow! This is also where you can try snowtubing (sliding on a giant inner tube).
- The Ycoor outdoor ice rink in the centre of Montana always ensures fun and laughter for young and old. It is a favourite meeting place for families at the end of the afternoon.
- In case of bad weather, the bowling alley or the cinema provide activities for the whole family.
- The Lantern Path (until 5 March 2023) is a fairy-tale attraction for children that gives the whole family the opportunity to take a breath of fresh air before getting a restful night’s sleep.
Crans-Montana with friends
- When visiting with friends, the ski slopes are a safe bet... especially if you enjoy the Zerodix après-ski in Crans from 4 p.m. onwards! The venue’s various DJs make sure the place has a great atmosphere! On some weekends, you can also party at the Cry D’Er Club d’Altitude at the cable car station at 2,200 m. More information at mycma.chTarget not accessible
- For fun evenings, whether in Crans or Montana, the choice of restaurants and bars is vast. But I strongly recommend ending your evening at the Monkey in Crans. It is THE typical winter sports resort nightclub where you can meet people in evening wear as well as people in ski suits straight from après-ski. A very nice convivial moment!
My favourites for your palate
Breakfast at La Mie Favre. Inspired pastries and exceptional ham croissants!
Feeling a little hungry around noon? Fancy something with vegetables, perhaps? If so, then Oli’s Break is just the place. This restaurant has branches in both Crans and Montana, and it serves delicious salads or paninis filled with fresh vegetables. A real treat!
CASY – a warm and friendly restaurant. Caroline and her team will welcome you to the dining room, while Sylvain and his team in the kitchen will delight your taste buds. Make your reservation at www.casy-montana.chTarget not accessible or call +41 27 481 17 18.